"Sports for all, Sports for good"
HKFC was founded in 1886 with a mission to facilitate the development of sporting activities in Hong Kong. Our vision is to be recognised as one of the leading not-for-profit sports clubs in the world. We started with two main sports: Rugby and Soccer, and with the dedication and enthusiasm of our members, we have evolved into a club which promotes, hosts and plays a total of 11 different sports.
Regarded as one of the finest sporting clubs in Asia, we offer the largest range of facilities among all the sports clubs in Hong Kong and continue to host many major international sports tournaments.
HKFC's mission has remained unchanged over more than a century. We have three key objectives:
- 1. Promoting sports in the community
- 2. Supporting the development of elite sports
- 3. Promoting Hong Kong as a centre for major international sporting events, which the Government tasked us to do at our inception in the 19th century.
Our commitment to the betterment of sport extends to the general community, regardless of gender, race or nationality, and our support is available to both members and non-members.
- Promoting sports in the community.
- Supporting the development of elite sports
- Promoting Hong Kong as a centre for major international sporting events, which the Government tasked us to do at our inception in the 19th century.
- Being accountable — to communicate, consult and provide information.
- Living within our means — to plan ahead within available resources.
- Developing a culture of service — to encourage commitment, integrity, courtesy and responsiveness.
- Managing for performance — to set the direction and develop the necessary skills.
- To provide the services the Membership needs.
- To improve the quality of Club life.
- To up-hold the Constitution and Bye-laws.
- To encourage Members to play their part in the Club.